Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 7

Research and Tour
-Last week while researching the American Air Service in World War I, I came upon the Battle of St. Mihiel. This week I finished my research on the Battle of St. Mihiel and William "Billy" Mitchell. I could not find enough information in books, so I was forced to use the internet and found plenty of information. I made another tour using tourbuilder.withgoogle.com about the birth of the American Air Service and "The Father of the American Air Force" General Mitchell. I also started on doing research for the British Air Service of World War I. I rented two books from the campus library for information:
-Raleigh, Sir W. (1969) The War In The Air: Volume 1 & 2.         Oxford University.




Tour
-These images show the progress of the tour. Image 1 is the introduction of the tour.
-Image 2 gives the progress of General Mitchell and American Air Service.

-Image 3 shows the planning for the Battle of St. Mihiel.

-Image 4 gives a brief description of the Battle St. Mihiel and the success of General Mitchell.

-Click here for the General William Mitchell and the Birth of the American Air Service tour.

Problems
-This week there was fewer problems than the last week, but there were still some discrepancies with some sources. Again I just had to verify the legitimacy of that source and cross-reference it with other sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment